Umbilical Cord-Womb(Part 2)


Tranquility fills  my heart,
When I see my baby sleeping in the cradle.
Here’s an emotion that keeps on replaying on my mind,
Oh ....oh....oh, I am now become a Mama, a new life is waiting to start.

I gently hold him in my arms,
His soft skin tenderly resting on my palms.
He instinctively looks at me with his dark coloured eyes,
Unaware of many facts and worldly charms.

I kiss my baby and cuddle him close,
Here’s a part of my flesh I see before my eyes.
After nine months of wishes and dreams,
This is a moment I wish to capture and hope it froze.

An umbilical cord has bound our souls into one,
He can recognize his Mama’s warmth; the one like in the womb.
And peacefully clings on to me amidst his sleep,
Making me feel like a Royal Queen at once.

READ ON:
Sacred Womb ~ its my life

Copyright ©2012 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)
Disclaimer:"The image is 'A Charcoal Painting' done by my Talented Cousin Alzin Menezes which inspired me to pen this poem down".
 Disclaimer: The image in the post is strictly personal.


Labels: , , , ,